Sermon study questions for In Search of the Kingdom of God
Questions based on the sermons for January 31, 2021 and February 7, 2021
- In God’s kingdom, there is peace, balance, and wholeness. How do we get to that point in our relationship with God?
- Example 1: We admit our role in separation, and accept God’s forgiveness
- Example 2: We seek to serve God and serve one another, and accept God’s healing
- Example 3: We seek to be forgiven by those on the receiving end of our harm, and learn and grow from this experience
- When have we brought good news to the poor, released the oppressed or those held captive by anything that binds them, pushes them down, or pushes them aside?
- How have we helped people see that love that can only come from God?
- What is our posture with those things we mourn if we are to become blessed?
- Example: We come with the attitude to serve, with humility, to be the hands or feet of Christ.
- What does it look like to be one who is willing to search the heavenly aspects so that we can bring them to earth?
- What do we seek to do as we create a new reality that Jesus called the kingdom on earth?
- Why is Black History Month different this year?
- Example: Black Lives Matter, actions by white supremacists, QAnon, insurrection at the Capital.
- How is posture an attitude as much as a physical act?
- What does Psalm 139 say about being searched and known by God?