July 8, 2021
Dear Saints of Trinity,
As difficult as it may be for me to admit, my health has become an issue. Over the past three or four weeks I’ve begun to decline. I’ve found myself with little energy, sometimes disoriented or dizzy, and feeling tired almost all the time. Many of you have noticed that decline, as things have gone undone or slipped through the cracks. Some of you have come in to talk with me about it, while others have shared it with those who work closely with me. To say that Dorothy is concerned is an understatement.
I need to share that I’ve talked with my District Superintendent and we’re trying to come up with a plan at this point. There are any number of options in that plan, but my health is going to take priority whatever options we choose. It’s been a scary, frustrating, and guilt-ridden time these past weeks, and yet, I wanted you to know what’s going on. As decisions are made I simply ask you to pray for me, for Dorothy, and more importantly for all of those who are going through health issues that are much more serious than mine. Each deserves a pastor who can walk alongside them through those challenging times. As I share all of this with you, the scripture that continues to come to mind is Romans 8:28; “All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.” Let’s hold to that truth.
Please know how deeply I love and admire you and please know that we’ll work through all of this, as long as we can do it together.
Some Concerns that we have:
- Please keep the family and friends of Rev. Jack Anderson, former pastor of Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, in your prayers at his death. His memorial service is this Saturday, July 10th, 1pm at DVLC. Note this correction: the time is 1 pm not 2 pm as stated last week.
- Pastor Brad and Dorothy for Brad’s health issues.
- The family of Mark and Pat Lewis as we prepare for their memorial service which is scheduled for Friday, August 6 at 1 pm.
- For those who continue to go through physical struggles, those who are dealing with cancer, or other health situations. For those who are emotionally feeling lost and alone.
- For all those who are ill from the Covid-19 virus; for those families who have lost loved ones to the virus; for essential workers; and for those who haven’t been vaccinated yet.
- For peace in our country.
- For Katherine Parker, missionary to Nepal.