December 11, 1944 – August 5, 2023
Click on the YouTube logo for a much larger view.
- Gathering Music: Sacred Favorites; Pauline Olse, organ, and Donna Grubbs, piano
- Welcome/Words of Grace: Reverend Dr. Desi Larson
- The Call to Celebration
- Leader: Friends, we have come here together to give thanks to God for Gary Nichols, and to celebrate his entry into life eternal.
People: We have come to share in the joy that the memories of Gary revive in our hearts, making him real within us.
Leader: We have also come to share our loneliness and sorrow because we love and miss Gary.
People: We have come to affirm our faith, to proclaim that life is more powerful than death, and that faith overcomes all fear.
Leader: And so we rejoice and give thanks.
People: For we know that nothing can separate us from the love of God, which is ours in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Leader: In the light of resurrection, let us worship God, the Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer of our lives.
People: Blessed be the Lord our God, forever!
- Hymn 378: Amazing Grace
- Prayer for Illumination
- Scripture Lessons: John 14:1-4, 18-20, 25-27; Romans 8:26-28
- Celebration of Life : Reverend Desi Larson
- Eulogy, Sharing: Cheryl Nichols, daughter; David Pillatos, son; Alecia Pillatos, granddaughter
- Psalm 23
- Prayer of Commendation
- The Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn 2158: Just a Closer Walk with Thee
- The Blessing
- Leader: Christ went before us in death, as has our loved one, Gary, showing us the way into eternal life.
People: We give thanks for the good life we have shared with Gary, and rejoice that he fully knows the peace and joy of life eternal.
Leader: God has given, and God has received Gary whom God has loved.
People: We are thankful for all the good days that we shared.
Leader: May God our Creator, Jesus our Companion and Lord, and the Holy Spirit our Sustainer fortify in us every good deed and word.
People: May the grace of Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with us now and always. Amen.
- Postlude: Peace Like a River; Pauline Olsen, organ, and Donna Grubbs, piano